Sunday, September 6, 2009

KnK September Kit Reveal #2

This layout is my favorite creation from this kit! I used an acrylic sheet that was in a previous kit (May 'o8, I think), the Basic Grey Doily, the super-cute 3 Bugs paper, and one of the big chipboard ladybugs. This is my first attempt using an acrylic sheet as the base for my layout and now I am wondering why I waited so long to do it! I really love how it turned out. The photo is my sweet Katy, on her first birthday. She actually had ladybug themed invitations and a ladybug cake, so naturally when I saw this kit I thought of those photos immediately :)
Next is a birthday card I made for my Granny (whos birthday is September 12th, Happy Birthday Gran!). I used the little ladybug stamp and embossed it (using the red embossing powder on top of that dark rosy color may not have been the best choice -- but you can still tell what they are, right? ) and then I used some black diamond Stickles for the dots. I also embossed the "Y-O-U". Reminded me of how much I love the embossed effect.

This is the cute 7 Gypsies altered purse. The first photo shows the finished product on the outside, and the second is a peek at the album, which I first covered with paper and a few little embellishments and then attached a photo sleeve to each section. Both sides of the album are done this way, so that you can change out the photos as often as you want.

So there you have it! With the September kit I created one double-layout, two single-layouts, a card, and an altered purse complete with album. :) And a still have a few paper scraps left, I could probably manage another card or two! This was one of my favorite kits to date, for sure. Thanks for having a look!

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks awesome Amy and such a clever idea to use the photo sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute LO of your little one! And such a great idea to use photo sleeves on the mini-album...I will have to try that out :)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative!! Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete