Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The end of August

Well it isn't quite the end of August, but I've officially finished up my work with the August kit from Kit 'n Kaboodles....

You and Little Lena
This was really fun to put together, once I figured out what I wanted to do! My uncle has a beautiful old tree in his yard which don't show in the photos, and I really wanted it to be in the page somehow. So instead of knocking myself out trying to make visible the little bit of the actual tree that 's showing in the photos, I cut a tree and leaves from cardstock, inked them up and put them together on the page right where his tree would have been in relation to the photos.
These flowers were also fun to make, with some of the lace in the kit. There will be a tutorial going up on the on the Kreative Kaboodles blog soon if anyone is interested in learning to make them! I'll post the link once it's up :)
And finally, my double page for this kit...

Two Peas in a Pod
Ok so I know the title isn't all that original but what else could I do?? LOL It was too perfect for these pics of my girls raiding my Aunts beautiful garden.
And that's it for August! I've begun working with the September kit from KNK already, and let me tell ya, if this one doesn't unleash your creativity I don't know what will!! I've really been getting my fingers dirty and lovin' it.
Thanks for stopping by, and have a scrappy day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment